DETAILS AND OPERATION
WHAT IS IT?
From the Pyrenees to the Sea is a self-guided route, open to everyone. A Pas d’Isard takes charge of booking accommodation and provide all the required information and other necessary services for a safe, comfortable trek.
WHEN TO GO?
The route is practicable all year round, but in the summer months temperatures tend to be high. It’s a trek best enjoyed at any other time of the year.
BASIC OR COMFORT ACCOMMODATION
Ten days before the departure date, the welcome packs will be sent to the address of the group leader, containing:
- Two topographic maps by Mont Editorial.
- A digital descriptive route book
- A “From the Pyrenees until the Sea” exclusive Tuga Wear technical t-shirt.
- A Lurbel headband with visor.
- The pass card to be punched at each stopping point.
- A GPS tracks.
- A ticket to Exile Memorial Museum in La Jonquera
- Other small complimentary gifts.
Signs exist along 95% of the route. In the summary of each stage we provide a detailed overview of the existing signage, both types and colours, which vary at certain points.
MOUNTAIN ACCIDENT INSURANCE
- Valid insurance is mandatory. If you belong to a hiking federation, and your insurance covers the area of this itinerary (either Spanish or French sides), you do not need to take any further measures. When you make your reservation, indicate that you do not need insurance, at your own responsibility.
- The price of the insurance we provide is €3.00/day, and it covers rescue and transport in case of accident, healthcare cover for a whole year, as well as other expenses.
If you prefer to hike without your luggage, we will carry it for you by car to each lodging every day.
The bigger number of persons you are, the cheaper this service will be. Total price: 425 € which will be divided among every participant
YOU PREFER TO WALK WITH A MOUNTAIN GUIDE?
- If your group requires the services of a guide, for safety, expertise, and information, we have guides available upon request.
- You can also join a guided open group, a good opportunity to meet new people. Consult us for available dates.
TYPES OF HIKERS
TREKKING WITH CHILDREN
We offer reduced fees for children. Consult us for a quote.
You can also run this route, in fewer stages, or even non-stop. Join up! You can punch your pass card at the transit points, and send us your track on completion. You will be entered into the runners yearly ranking. The fastest runner receives an award!
Groups of ten or more get a 5% discount per person.
GETTING TO CAMPRODON USING PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- From Barcelona, there is a direct bus line; you can also board a train to Ripoll, and then take the bus to Camprodon. o From Girona there is also a direct bus line to Camprodon.
- From Girona there is also a direct bus line to Camprodon.
- o From Perpinyà there is a bus to Prats de Molló; a taxi can take you then to Camprodon.
- If you prefer, we can come and pick you up by taxi wherever you are
RETURNING FROM COTLLIURE
- Public transport is the best option, as it saves you the trip to Camprodon to retrieve your private vehicle.
- If you must go back to Camprodon to pick up de car, you can take two buses and a taxi in about 4 hours and 50 €.
- Or you can directly take a taxi in Collioure to Camprodon, which takes about two hours and 200 €.
Send us your photographs from the route, or tag them in your social media with #apasdisard and #delpirineualmar, and you will be entered in a competition for three fantastic prizes:
- Brenta 30 rucksack by Vaude, worth €90
- Kiro TI mountain stove by Edelrid, worth €45
- Set of three books about this area